The International Headache Congress provides a fantastic opportunity to showcase your work.
Abstracts can be submitted on a number of topics. Submissions will be reviewed by the Scientific Programme Committee following the deadline in Spring 2023.
Key abstract dates
10 May 2023, 23:59 BST
Week commencing 5 June 2023
Notifications sent to submitters
31 May 2023
Late breaking abstract portal opens
14 June 2023
Late breaking submission deadline
Please review the abstract guidelines before commencing the submission process
Abstracts will be accepted on the following topics
- BIG DATA
- CLUSTER HEADACHE AND OTHER TRIGEMINAL AUTONOMIC CEPHALALGIAS
- COMORBIDITY OF PRIMARY HEADACHES
- GENETICS AND BIOMARKERS OF HEADACHE DISORDERS
- HEADACHE CLASSIFICATION
- HEADACHE DISORDERS IN CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
- HEADACHE EDUCATION FOR CLINICIANS AND PATIENTS
- HEADACHE EPIDEMIOLOGY, OUTCOMES AND BURDEN
- HEADACHE AND GENDER
- HEADACHE IN HISTORY AND THE ARTS
- HEADACHE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY - BASIC SCIENCE
- HEADACHE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY - IMAGING AND NEUROPHYSIOLOGY
- MIGRAINE ACUTE THERAPY
- MIGRAINE PREVENTIVE THERAPY
- NEUROMODULATION FOR HEADACHE
- OTHER PRIMARY HEADACHE DISORDERS
- OTHER SECONDARY HEADACHE DISORDERS
- POST-TRAUMATIC HEADACHE
- PSYCHOLOGICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL FACTORS AND MANAGEMENT
- TENSION-TYPE HEADACHE
Trainees Excellence Tournament
The International Headache Society is delighted to once again host the Trainees Excellence Tournament within the congress programme. The Juniors Committee will select the best six abstract presented by a Trainee. During the congress programme delegates will have the opportunity to vote for the best presentation. The winner will be announced during the tournament and presented with a cash prize contributing towards project funding.
Submitters interested in being considered for the tournament should tick the relevant box during the submission process.
IHS Junior Member Verification Form
Industry led abstract session
The scientific programme committee welcome submission from our industry partners. The committee may run a specific industry led abstract session, depending on the number and quality of submissions. Submitters interested in being considered for this session should tick the relevant box during the submission process.
Abstract content embargo
The abstracts accepted for presentation at the congress will be under embargo until 09:00 on the morning of 14 September 2023